Regulations Governing the Procurement of Cemetery Plots and Columbarium Vaults in the University of Virginia Cemetery and Columbarium
The following shall be eligible to procure Cemetery Plots and/or Columbarium Vaults in the University of Virginia Cemetery and Columbarium:
- Full-time and retired faculty of the University.
- Active and former members of the Board of Visitors.
- Alumni of the University as determined by the Alumni Board of Managers. Unless otherwise determined from time to time by the Cemetery Committee, no more than 30% of the available vaults should be reserved for this category.
- Staff with a minimum of 30 years of service, friends and students of the University on the basis of distinguished service to the University as determined by the Cemetery Committee.
- Individuals on behalf of members (living and dead) of the above classes.
The following regulations will govern the procurement of University Plots and Columbarium Vaults:
- Initially, a Purchaser/Licensee shall only be permitted to buy one Columbarium Vault and/or two Cemetery Plots.
- The University reserves the right to approve selection of Cemetery Plots and Columbarium Vaults.
- The Licensee may use the Columbarium Vault as a memorial instead of using it to inter ashes.
- A Cemetery Plot or Columbarium Vault not used within one hundred (100) years shall revert to the University for future sale.
- If the Purchaser/Licensee elects not to utilize the Plot or Columbarium Vault in accordance with the agreement, the University will make reasonable efforts to resell the Plot or Vault to another eligible Purchaser or Licensee. In doing so, the University will return the Plot and/or License fee, in the amount originally paid, to the original Purchaser/Licensee or Purchaser's/Licensee's executors or beneficiaries of the estate.